Sunday, November 9, 2014

A Day to Remember Forever!

The day that I graduated college was one of the happiest times of my life.  I felt a sense of accomplishment.  After going to SUNY Cortland for 3 years, I earned a degree in Education, to teach children who were the ages of birth through 6th grade.  All of the hours that I spent studying to tests, or working hard on projects, paid off.  All of my effort and time has finally gone to something important to me.  I knew that from this point in my life and forward, I could never take away my degree that I had just earned.  Sitting in the auditorium, waiting for the President of the College to call my name, to hand me my degree, I felt nervous yet excited.  The moment my name was called and I walked on stage to accept a piece of paper that would define the rest of my life, I was proud.  I was proud that I have made it this far and have not given up.  I was proud that I could now make something of myself and can only go further from that moment.  If I wish anything on anyone in the world, it is to work so hard for something that you really want, and then experience that feeling of actually accomplishing that goal.  It has to be the best feeling in the world.








Vocabulary:

1. Graduated: ( verb ) -- complete a course of training
2. Accomplishment: ( noun ) -- success of completing a task
3. Earned: ( verb ) -- to get something through work
4. Degree: ( noun ) -- earned through studying a subject
5. Auditorium: ( noun ) -- a theater or concert hall
6. Define: ( verb ) -- the meaning of words or sentences


Vocabulary Exercise:


Directions: Create a sentence for each one of the vocabulary words. Don't forget to use the vocabulary word in the sentence and place a period at the end of the sentence.

1. (Graduated) - ______________________________________________________

2. (Accomplishment) - _____________________________________________________

3. (Earned) - _______________________________________________________________

4. (Degree) - ________________________________________________________________

5. (Auditorium) - ________________________________________________________

6. (Define) - _____________________________________________________________



Grammar Point:

Step 1: In the above paragraph, there are many nouns and verbs.  The vocabulary words contain just nouns and verbs.  Please list 2 more nouns and 2 more verbs from the above paragraph that we could add to the vocabulary list.

Noun                                                                           Verb

1. ____________________                                      1. ________________________

2. ____________________                                      2. ________________________


Step 2:  Create your own paragraph about something you have accomplished in your life and include your nouns and verbs.  Also include at least 4 vocabulary words within your paragraph.  Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your graduation and your excitement. It is a wonderful accomplishment. The photos are a nice touch, and I really liked your vocabulary words.

    ReplyDelete