Sunday, September 21, 2014

My First Day of School



I have my first day of school on September 29th, 2014.  This is not like any ordinary first day of school.  This time, I am not longer the student but I am going to be the teacher!  I am both excited and nervous at the same time for my new journey.  I have never been on this side of school before and I am worried that my students will not like me.  If someone asked me if I thought I was nice, I would say yes, so I guess that's all I can do.  Show my students that I am their to inspire them and have them learn things in fun and creative ways. Will I be the best teacher?  I really don't know, because I don't think there is no such thing as the "best" teacher, but a teacher who cares for his/her students, and that is what I will do.  I pledge to put my best effort in teaching my students and never give up, even if it may get hard sometimes.




Vocabulary:


1. Nervous: (adjective)  -- feeling stress and tension

2. Journey: (noun) -- traveling from one place to another

3. Worried: (adjective) --  troubled thought

4. Inspire: (verb) --  have someone believe

5. Creative: (adjective) --  using imagination

6. Pledge: (noun) -- a promise


Vocabulary Exercise:

Directions:  Fill in the blank with the correct vocabulary word.

1.  Jim was being ____________ when he painted a picture of what he thought was up in space.

2. My mother sounded _____________ when I called her an hour past the time I said I was going to.

3. Every day in school, the class says the _______________ of Allegiance in the morning.

4. Jenny could tell that her sister was ___________ because she was biting her nails and had a unsure look on her face.

5. Martin Luther King wanted to _____________ people to believe that equality between all people could be possible.

6.  The Jones' took a _______________ from New York to Florida to vacation in Walt Disney World. 


Grammar Point:

There are some examples of adjectives in my above paragraph.  An adjectives describes something about a noun.  It is a piece of grammar that is used often in reading and writing.  I have stated nervous, worried and creative as adjectives.  They are all describing a way that I feel.  List 5 adjectives that describes you or describes about a time in your life.  Then put those 5 adjectives in a paragraph containing minimum of 10 sentences. 


1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you were so excited about your first day of teaching. I hope that all your days will be wonderful. Good entry, including the exercises! Maybe your ESL students could write 5 instead of 10 sentences for that paragraph. It takes them a long time to write.

    ReplyDelete