Friday, September 26, 2014

A Weekend with the Family

For my 4th of July this year, I got to spend my time with my family.  In recent years, my family comes from all different states and travels to my grandmother's house in Upstate, New York.  We spend the weekend of 4th of July celebrating the glorious holiday and each other's company.  My family will play games, have a BBQ and of course watch fireworks. Mostly, we spend our time outside, because when the weather is nice, no one wants to be just sitting inside.  This year, not only did we get to spend time at my grandmother's house, but we also went to my uncle's trailer camp.  He rented out a trailer for him and his family to have a vacation in for a couple of weeks.  There was live music, a pool, bicycles to rent and plenty of games that we enjoyed.  I always think it is so nice when families get to spend time together and see one another, especially when it doesn't have very often.  I love my family very much and I am very grateful to have shared my holiday with them.







Vocabulary:

1. Recent: ( Adjective ) -- having something happen not long ago
2. Glorious: ( Adjective ) -- a feeling of fame or honor
3. Rented: ( Verb ) -- to pay someone for something
4. Plenty: ( Pronoun ) -- a large amount of something
5. Especially: ( Adverb ) -- to single out a person or thing 
6. Grateful: ( Adjective ) -- to be thankful

Vocabulary Exercise: 

Directions:  Match up the correct vocabulary word to its correct definition.

1. Especially                                 ____  to single out a person or thing

2. Glorious                                    ____ to pay someone for something

3. Grateful                                     ____ having something happen not long ago

4. Recent                                       ____ a large amount of something

5. Plenty                                        ____ to be thankful

6. Rented                                       ____ a feeling of fame or honor

Grammar Point: 


Adjectives is a point in grammar that describes a noun.  We talked about this in our last blog.  Adjectives can have different endings in which give them more descriptive meaning.  The adjective Glorious ends in "ous" and the adjective Grateful ends in "ful".  Can you think of any other adjectives that have the "ous" and "ful" endings.  Think of 3 for each ending example ( 6 in total ).

1 comment:

  1. I felt happy reading your lovely story about your family spending fun time together. You did a good job with the vocabulary and grammar point too.

    ReplyDelete